→ Eiffel Scholarship
The Eiffel Scholarship Program is a tool developed by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to allow the best international students to benefit from mobility assistance in order to attend master and doctoral degree programs. Submit your application before October 31, 2023
Duration of the scholarship
At a master’s level, the scholarship is awarded for a period of :
- 12 months maximum when enrolling in M2 ;
- a maximum of 24 months for an M1 registration;
It is awarded on condition that the student has met the academic requirements for each year of the program.
Scholarship holders may continue to receive their scholarship during an internship of up to 25% of the total duration of the program, provided that it is a mandatory internship that is included in the program curriculum. In all other cases, the scholarship is interrupted for the duration of the internship.
If the program includes an international academic exchange, the scholarship will be interrupted for the period spent abroad.
The signing of an apprenticeship or professionalization contract by an Eiffel scholarship holder automatically leads to the termination of the scholarship.
- Nationality: This program is reserved for candidates of foreign nationality. Candidates with dual nationality, one of whom is French, are not eligible;
- Age: 25 years old (born after March 1996) at most on the date of the selection committee;
- Origin of applications: only applications submitted by French institutions are admissible. A candidate presented by more than one institution will be rejected;
- The student must not be living and/or studying in France at the time of application (Master level).
- International students already receiving a French government scholarship, an AUF scholarship or an Erasmus + scholarship from another program at the time of application are not eligible;
- Students who have already applied for this scholarship without obtaining it cannot reapply even if their application is submitted by a different institution or in a different field of study;
NB. It is only possible to apply once for the same level of study.
How to apply
The International Mobility Department of the International Relations Service (SRI) of Université de Paris centralizes all applications and forwards them to Campus France within the required deadlines.
The Frontiers in Chemistry graduate program chairs will fill out the educational section.
- Please make sure that your COMPLETE application is received by the International Mobility Department within the deadline.
The International Mobility Department will not be responsible for forwarding applications to the program chairs for completion of the educational section. This part is entirely up to the candidate.
Please note that due to the closure of the university during the end-of-year school vacations and the deadline imposed by Campus France, the deadline for submitting applications to the International Mobility Department is November 25, 2023 and that no applications submitted after this date will be processed.
→ SMARTS UP Scholarship
The SMARTS-UP program, financed by the SFRI call (Structuring training through research in initiatives of excellence) at Université of Paris, aims to promote the internationalization of Master’s programs and facilitate the admission of the best international students. It intends to build notably a pool of excellence in the recruitment of future doctoral students.
For more information, please click here: GUIDELINES SMARTS UP SCHOLARSHIP 2023-2024
- Opening of the call for applications by Campus France: December 1, 2023
- Deadline for receipt of applications by Université de Paris: January 19, 2024
- The scholarship awards will be sent by email on: mid-april 2024
- The final decision for candidates on the waiting list will be communicated on: end of June 2024.
Duration of the scholarship
The SMARTS-UP scholarship is a masters-level scholarship only. It cannot be accumulated with any other scholarship.
It is awarded for one year and can be extended.
- Applicants must be international students, French citizens are not eligible (including binational
or multinational students with a French citizenship).
- Applicants must be new to the French higher education system (exception : international students preparing a joint-degree in collaboration with Université de Paris are eligible).
- Applicants should not hold any degree from a French University or Institution.
- Applicants from one the countries listed below have to also register via the Etudes en France platform (https://www.campusfrance.org/fr/candidature-procedure-etudes-en-france). This application must be completed in paralleled of the submission of your SMARTS-UP application. It is a completely independent but mandatory procedure.
How to apply
The call will be opened from the 10th of December 2023 until the 19th of January 2024.
- The admissibility of the applications will be will be checked by the university services, then each Graduate School will assess the candidates.
- Applicants will be informed of the decision by email by mid-April 2024.
- For applicants on the waiting list, the final decision will be communicated by the end of April.
- Awardees will join Université Paris Cité in September 2024
Warning: Laureates will have to acknowledge acceptance of the scholarship within 2 weeks after receiving the confirmation email. In the absence of a timely confirmation, the scholarship will be awarded to the next candidate on the waiting list.
To apply, please click here: https://mobility.smarts-up.fr/